Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't rain on my parade Snakecharmer! I was trying to turn that e-bay post into tech with this info.

I just bought a bullit intake off e-bay. It was a good deal because all I need is the manifold. I also have one on order from SD ported with all the parts needed for the swap. My plan is to dyno test the two and see what kind of gains are there for porting. I'm thinking baseline with the ported headswap, bullit intake, intake with a tune and then ported intake. I know some people will be like I am and get thier's ported for 4 hp if they are trying to get max hp n/a. But for others that are trying to mod thier cars and have limited budgets, then I may be able to put some info out there. I figure with all the R&D I have gotten from all you guys on the board over the last couple of years, the least I could do was a little of my own. It'll be a little while though guys. Iwon't have SD's version until late April or so (maybe he'll do an extra special nice job on mine now!) and the dyno tuning is another chunk of change I'll be saving my pennies for.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well fine. Since no one is interested, i'll keep the results to myself. :(

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The unported intake is in my living room. The ported one is in SD's! :eek:

Once the parts are off backorder and I get my setup, I'll be doing the swap and plan to dyno them shortly thereafter. I'm also planning on doing a dyno test to see what the heads did for me sometime soon, definitely before the intake swap. I want to see what each part does by itself. I'll post info as soon as I get it. After all, I spent $450 on the second intake just to do this comparo! Glad to see some people are interested in the results.

I've got three places in mind for the dyno test. Either Excessive Performance in Manassas, John Dega's (pricey) Springfield Motorsport, or Heffner's in MD. I'm leaning towards Heffner's.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Good deal, BMS. I figure I've done my part by putting Flows on and dynoing to find I lost HP. No one's thanked me for that either.:(

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hey Brian,

I ordered the intake from SD too (waiting as well) .. After install it, I will take my car to Kauffman to get a dyno tune, are you thinking in get a dyno tune afterwards?

I will post the results too :D

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Blackstripes (I wish I knew your real name bud) ... I have thought about Kauffman too. Just forgot when I was writing the post yesterday. Basically it is going to be whoever I think can do the best job and is the most confident in what I have. The fact that Heffner's tuned that 2000 R model with the supercharger basically showed they've got some skills. We'll see. I figure I'll just do my baseline for the headswap gains at Excessive. Just need to schedule it. You and I really should get together to either do the swap or discuss it if one of us gets it done first. Plus use the experience at whichever dyno we use to benefit the other. I missed the last meeting, should make it to the one on the 26th.

bierbelly, sucks that you lost hp. But you're right, you dyno-ing just for that one change gives others out there real results they can expect rather than the inflated ones printed in magazines. Hopefully you got the sound you were after at least. I put Magnaflow's on which are straight through designed so I figure I'm not losing hp and the sound is very nice. I love the sound of flowmasters, dynomax's or MAC's as they go by cause it is the classic stang sound but I didn't want them on my car. I'm in the sleeper, unnoticed mode. Though the new cobra nose (being painted and put on right now), R hood (coming) wheels and S281 wing may ruin all that for me :D

Anywho.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Thanks for considering us! By the way I'll me happy to buy the stock bullit one off you when your finished!:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts