Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
The odds of actually finding a good used T45 are not great... if you did then like $300-$500 or so. Problem is all of them from 96-98 had **** paper blocker rings that just deteriorate over time and all of them have 5-R slider issues. The 98 I had had a low mileage T45 in it that was just hot trash, swapped that out for a rebuilt 3650 with all the TSBs done and that one shifted like a dream. The REAL low mileage T45 in my 2000 makes noise and sometimes is hard to get into reverse but so far so good (knock on wood)... that will also get replaced with a 3650 when the time comes. Magnums are nice but not $4k nice when I can get a 3650 for like 1/3 the price.

·
Registered
365 Posts
SilverSmith has great advice and I totally agree with him. 3650 would be the way I’d go as well IMO. My 00 GT has a T45 and my Saleen the 3650 and it’s a noticeable difference in quality between the two.

·
Registered
354 Posts
There are several options for you. I was in a similar situation and decided to replace my original T-45 with a built up T-45.
I bought it from Stan at Pro-Force.
My original T-45 was in my daily driver that I didn't take to the track. Trans had 247K on it when I pulled it to be replaced. I was also running a blower.
Talk to a few transmission shops to get answers to make an informed decision.
Stan's info is below.
Pro-Force <[email protected]> 678-429-3089 .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fro chiming in.

Also what is the current going rate for a good used TR3650?

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
There's a 3650 on Craigslist east of the Rochester NY area for $450

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Same advice on the "good used" 3650. They had issues from the factory as well. You might get a good one, you might get one that has the syncrho issues. Marc97 mentioned Stan at Pro-Force which is where I'd get a rebuilt T45 or 3650 but the 3650 is just better. Gears are stronger and the thing shifts like a dream when you have a freshly redone one with all the fixes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts