Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The OASIS Guy
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im new to actually owning a turbo. im pretty knowledgable about them. what would you guys buy thought? car is in sig. but im changing from efi to carb. so what all would you run?

thanks

brian

also switching to a built auto

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,393 Posts
Looking farward to hearing this. I'm seriously, seriously considering the same change. Doing alot of research.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow no one

i thought this was the turbo forums.....

guess i just stick to the nitrous and keep busting those turbo cars asses :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to know why not to go blow through too, considering I am 98% done with my setup.

Ive put up a similar thread last week and received some private messages on promoting the blowthru set-up!!

Have a read throught the threads and you'll get a good grasp of what works. Im not there or Id try to help.

Cheers!

·
Registered
20 Posts
what kind of set up are you running?

My 347 is not doing the trick and the guy who built my motor in NC told me to go blow thru when going to a possible 76mm.

I am the beginning stages with my build and still contemplating if Im gonna just swap the heads to the AFR 205's, cam and Vic Jr...

Cant find deals on 76mm's???

Dont know of any guys in Toronto that are really known for turbosand stangs.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
tell me all about it the good the bad .... ect.... should i go blow through or stay efi
with a 'properly' built blow thru carb there really isn't any negative effects, the carburetor technology has come quite a ways from what it once was. If you already have an aftermarket EFI system why not stay with it rather than dumping another $1300+ in an intake, carb and hat? :confused:

Either way you can't go wrong when properly tuned efi or bt carb.

·
The OASIS Guy
6,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yet no one has come in here with any real information as for pisitives and negatives....

id really like to see some real answers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Go to theturboforums.com and look under carb plus boost forums. More information than you will ever need and by far the best website to get tech info for turbos.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts