Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goin with the on3performance turbo kit on my 89 306...ive heard good things on this kit and some great hp and track numbers...yet the kit still has a few ppl dislikin this kit but idc...im tryin to figure out if i should pay the extra for the MP70 turbo upgrade, wat should i get asap to put it on besides injectors and already have a SCT...this will b a daily driver with 373's 5-speed on a zoom clutch rated at 480hp, till i get everything i want on it ill b runnin low boost 10 at the most! im new to the turbo world so im tryin to get as much knowlage as i can b4 i start the build...thanx

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
If you truly want to gain knowledge than spend some time reading this forum, it seems as if everyday someone asks the exact same question as you..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know but im new to the site and dnt really have alot of time to look threw all the post man sorry

·
Registered
279 Posts
Use the search function and read the threads. You took the time to ask people to tell you what you want to know. What do you expect man, someone to get on here and type out a list of what you need for your car?
LOL
Just buy the kit put it on be happy!
We'll help you through the bumps!

·
Registered
172 Posts
It seems like no one on here has even run the cheaper ON3 turbo but everyone runs the MP with great success.I've used the green button over,and over again with nothing but the guys from ON3 answering the question never anyone else.I've read great stories of the ON3 kit with the MP70 turbo but never not even one with the $299 turbo they sell on ebay.

·
Registered
444 Posts
i am running the cheap 76mm and love it have seen others localy runing 18lb to 22lb on them and have not seen one die yet i am only runing 10lbs and have no real plans to turn it up since the stock block and not chasing the dyno numbers.as for your clutch killed mine in 5 tune passes puting in a c4 now.i wraped all my hot pipes and turbo blanket no problems with anything so far.do like the on3 ypipe but plan to mod it some to fit the way u want it

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
allenpeake you are the only one i have seen running the On3 76mm.
but im gonna have to try it too.
to the OP- if you dont have the time to read up on the kit, when are you gonna find the time to figure out the problems you will encounter?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im only on the computer for lil sperts at a time...im usually out workin on cars n rasin hell lol but i see wat yall r sayin my bad...but i did look up alot lastnite since i was off work n alot of ppl r runnin this kit n ive been lookin at all the build pix n stats n cant wait to get mine on order...but really now im more or less want just more feedback on the kit n wat psi should i run with n lil minor bs now! like i said im a lil new to the boosted world on a gas motor n i like to know as much as possible b4 i get into it in a few months...mainly cause this is my only daily driver and im not wat u say rich like my friends lmao

but thanx so far on yalls help with ur setups

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Psi is just a number, dont go into a turbo build thinking "what PSI should I run", go in with a horsepower goal.
Tell us your combo and horsepower goal and we can help you pick your turbo accordingly,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im running a 306 with forged pistons, bigger valves n i beleieve upgraded springs(dnt remember didnt do all the motor work)ported polished intake 65mm tb(goin 70mm later) underdrives, sct chip,190 fuel pump, other then that all stock i know i gonna have to go bigger injectors just dnt know how big, bigger fuel rails ready to put on! hp wise im wantin somethin 400rwhp but no more then 450hp. from wat ive been seein on here that should b fairly easy? i wanna fun street car to kill the comp...shootin to get my buddies c5 vette lmao:rofl:

·
Registered
172 Posts
450hp is easily attained with a stock motor with turbo.You will need at least 42lb. injectors,and a maf to match built for blowthru.I'm building a 357w with carb. blowthru going through a c4 so it should be pretty potent.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the JAP 299.00 turbo 10Lbs NP here
Boatloads of power...I turned it into a pole finder... can't keep it straight at any speed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya scratch the 450hp max lol...just not tryin to split my block lol but do have a 93 cobra short block ready to go in somethin! but wats a safe boost level for the street? and wats the max i should go when racin it?

·
Registered
546 Posts
It seems like no one on here has even run the cheaper ON3 turbo but everyone runs the MP with great success.I've used the green button over,and over again with nothing but the guys from ON3 answering the question never anyone else.I've read great stories of the ON3 kit with the MP70 turbo but never not even one with the $299 turbo they sell on ebay.
There is plenty of guys running the base 70mm ON3 turbo they offer. I have the base one myself, been running it for over a year with not one issue. I would say its a good piece for an imported turbo.

Heres a vid of it getting tuned on the dyno....I'd say it layed down some pretty respectable numbers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if a few of yall r runnin the base kit (didnt know it was a 70mm also)im just gonna get that kit to save a lil extra money! i have alot of turbos themselves. mainly buy em cheap n sell em high...n to 90fiveoh, dude ive seen that vid b4 i desided to go with this kit n thats kinda wat made me say hell im gettin it!! breakin it loose on dyno n puttin dwn that much hp on the base kit is effin insane! now do u run that much psi on the street? n wat chip r u runnin or did they tune it for u?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya thats some impressive numbers! see im goin from 260hp maybe to give or take 450hp n thats gonna b fun!! ive had a nitrous car b4 this one n ya it was a fun quick run but thats at a button turbo is there all the time!! plus the BOV sound great lol

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I had the base On3 chinese made turbo on my 90Gt for a year and never had a problem. I sold the car recently, and to my knowledge its still performing fine. I still have a 92 with the upgraded MP70 and can tell you from personal experience that there is no discernable difference in performance.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts