Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at MIR last nght for the real street race and I gotta say WOW...

24 cars, for 16 slots, a "fast" 8 and a "slow" 8 and the slow 8 ISN'T...

The top 8 car were all sub 8sec's. If memory serves the bump was 7.92. The 2 quickest radial cars n the country were there Richie Stein (N2O) and Alex Vretto (Turbo)

And I was luck enough to be on the starting for the quickest radial pass to date [email protected] 196! Go Alex...

Man this stuff is out of control!!! Great to watch though!!

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
wow 7.37 on a radial that is amazing how these guys get them to work just right...my radials never hook but I am sure it is operator error...(lol)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sprayed- Stein runs a de-stroke 5" bore big block w/ 3 stages. I want to say it's in the 630ish range. He's been 7.48

WhiteSSP- Shannon Wren has been 200 on a radial.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most were running MT's but I saw a couple cars with Hoosier DRs.

Awesome race indeed! Took me almost 3hrs to get there last night with the t-storm that rolled thru northern MD and all the traffic but it was well worth the trip.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Yeah real street is awsome to watch. I remember watching it 2 years ago bump use to be in the 9s. Now if you dont have a 7 second car you dont have a chance to making it in the field.

Just about as good to watch as the drag radials class at the world street nationals in orlando.

Last night was great at MIR not too many cars there. Ussualy it is overrun by cars that shouldnt even be on the track. Bunch of stock trucks and 17 second cars.

Just had to put up with the pro imports last night. Yeah they were fast but who wants to watch a pro car go 7s when u can watch a car on stock suspension do it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah real street is awsome to watch. I remember watching it 2 years ago bump use to be in the 9s. Now if you dont have a 7 second car you dont have a chance to making it in the field.

Just about as good to watch as the drag radials class at the world street nationals in orlando.

Last night was great at MIR not too many cars there. Ussualy it is overrun by cars that shouldnt even be on the track. Bunch of stock trucks and 17 second cars.

Just had to put up with the pro imports last night. Yeah they were fast but who wants to watch a pro car go 7s when u can watch a car on stock suspension do it.
I managed to make the shootout last month but only 18 cars were there. The quick 8 bump was 8.0x, I qualified 14th but knew I didnt have a chance of winning just used it as a test session. The weather and track prep was great and got to run a pro tree so it was worth it to me. Heres a video from last months event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubRdCm4Ul7g

With all the hype over this event now I wouldnt be surprised if they have 30+ cars showing up in the future.

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
yea my boss used to run radial in NMRA. he ran 8.40's at the time with a 275 tire. pretty wicked these guys running 8's on 275s

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sprayed- I'm buddys with he guy in the other lane that raced Stein,(Jesse Lambert) and I bought my motor from the guy you raced Vretto (Ricky Fox)

I was going to try and race in that class, but I've got nothing for them!!! I could put a Hiroshima tune up in my car and I would be lucky to go 7.9999999999999999999999999999999999999 That just won't get it done.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not running a nitrous controller. I'm going to be running a 7531 box and 3 digi-sets. I have 3 stages 1 plate and 2 foggers. But only the foggers will be used at the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts