Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all set to ditch my flowmaster 3 chambers and buy a set of Dynomax ultraflow #17222 but the guy at summit tells me he runs turbo's on his cars and most people run no mufflers since it won't be that loud. Since I have nothing to go on. What do you think about his advice? He said the Ultra flows will have backpressure I don't want.

·
Registered
233 Posts
A straight though muffler that has too much back pressure?? With that logic the new 4/6 cylinder turbo cars that have full, emissions compliant exhaust systems shouldn't even run!!! :lol:

He his correct that turbo exhaust systems are quieter than naturally aspirated engines. I would check out Dynomax Ultraflow Welded round mufflers.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why round muffler Ultraflow over the traditional style. The way my exhaust is set up now the muffler has offset/offset how much modifying would the round style be? I'd probably have to go to a muffler shop for the round style

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I made 730+hp through my UltraFlows and I'm going for 900. Nice and quiet too.

ks

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
I made damn near 800rwhp with my magna flow magna packs.

Select a straight through muffler design and roll with it. :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
3" downpipe y's into dual 2.5" no mufflers and very loud. Check out jones max flow. Straight through muffler, stainless steel, good quality.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I run open downpipe on the street. lol

How gnarly is your engine? Stock-ish engines with a turbo are usually decently quiet at idle. Mine is an HCI forged 306 with a 72mm and louder than my old stock engine build but not nearly as bad as N/A combos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts