Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After installing a Quicktime turbo kit on my 92 GT my block split on the dyno. Then after getting a new motor I blew the head gaskets. I will be going to get a tune the 15th at a different shop (SpeedyDyno). Greg there has tuned many of my friends cars and has done a very good job. Can't wait to get mine done as well.

Mods -
306 5-Speed(10,000mi.)
70mm Turbo (9psi.)
Aluminum Box Intake
Edelbrock RPM Heads
E303 Cam w/1.72rr's
Adjustable Fuel Psi. Reg.
42lb Injectors
255lph Fuel Pump
MSD 6AL
Pro-M Protube Mass Air
3:73 Gear

·
Registered
283 Posts
Greg @ speedy's tuned mine, I would highly recommend him. He is one hell of a guy! Get him to show you some of my electrical work, you will get a kick out of it. We have about the same setup except I have an aod. I made 501 at the rearwheels. I would guess you will be around 525 or more at the wheels.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Good luck with the tune and having motor stay in one piece.

Looks like you are running what we turbo folks call a 'steep gear'. Any plans on changing it?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
is your location suppose to say Brentwood? I'm in Smyrna and go to Brentwood a lot. If you don't mind answering who tune your 2 previous motors?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is your location suppose to say Brentwood? I'm in Smyrna and go to Brentwood a lot. If you don't mind answering who tune your 2 previous motors?
Yes it should I will fix it. I work in LaVergne which is close to Smyrna. Delk Performance tuned the others.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
That box intake is going to want to keep reving past 6k rpm for optimum power. Combine that with the 3.73 gears...and don't be surprised when the torque/hp curve is on the peaky side. You would be much better suited running a runner intake along with 3.27's or 3.55's (depending on tire).

·
Registered
687 Posts
Greg tuned my car as well. He really knows his way around these cars and takes the time to explain what he's doing. You will be pleased.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts