Ford Mustang Forums banner

Getting the front seal out of a kennenell

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  keefallan 
#1 ·
I've been in touch with KenneBell about the spacer for my pulley to make it parallel with the other pulleys. It ends up being .330 BTW. They asked me to remove the front seal and take a measurement. I've only changed pulleys.....never pulled out the seal for it. Is there any trick I need to know about? Don't want to mess anything up.

The other thing I want to know is if anyone knows the particulars of removing and replacing bolts to the blower case itself. It's a few years old, and I want to freshen its looks up. I've got the housing looking great, but the bolts.........ehh! I just want to replace them bolt at a time and retorque with arp stainless bolts. Anybody got any suggestions or tricks? things to avoid?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
These sound like questions for KB....especially the torque values.

#4 · (Edited)
The torque value should be about 55-60 lb/ft for a grade 10.9 10mm bolt. As far as the case bolts, you can replace them one at a time. Or you car choose to remove them all and take the front of the case off. Kenne Bell uses anaerobic sealer on the case sealing surface. https://www.permatex.com/product-category/gasketing/anaerobic-gasket-makers-flange-sealants/ Also Permatex Ultra Grey works very well. https://www.permatex.com/products/g...igid-high-torque-rtv-silicone-gasket-maker-2/ Do not use to much. Just a very light coating is all you need.

This is what the inside of the front case will look like:

The other side:

#5 ·
Saleen 414.....perfect. Those pics are a bonus. I'm pulling the blower off the car to get to my valve cover. So, I'll pull the snout off and go for it. I'm familiar with Anerobic sealers from building outboard motors. The engine cases use it. :salute:

#6 ·
I'm happy to hear that KB will be helping you resolve your issue. I was fortunate to not have pulley alignment issues with my Explorer intake. There is another thread where a guy had a genuine Cobra lower intake and still had pulley alignment issues and he had a thicker spacer made for him by KB too.

What's your combo? From your picture you look like you have a small pulley, 2.5"? How much boost are you planning on running?

#7 ·
Sorry to see this so late. It's a 2 inch pulley. Right now, the ecu is seeing 14.6 lbs with a 75mm TB. It just got pulled to install a 90mm. So I think I'll see around 15.

I have a 363 with a custom cam
afr 205's 75cc chambers
1-3/4 longtubes
complete 3" exhaust
ultraflow mufflers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.