Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a 92 stang hatch. Say if you get a 10pt moly cage shouldn't it be able to run as fast as 8.50's right? correct me if im wrong. Or do you need the x bars for the doors and door sill bars across the floor pan to get it certified to 8.50's? The reason why I ask is because im about to order a cage from wolfe but I have a few friends that don't have either one of the bars I mentioned and there cars are certified to 8.50's so let me know people because im going to be placing my order very soon

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
You should be fine to 8.50.

All you need for that is a standard 10pt.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2417559

The cage in that used to be in my car DID cert to 7.50 before the whole 25.5 thing. Then it was a 8.50 cage.... There are no pics of the back, but there was no Xbar in the back, only 2 down bars from the upper part of the main hoop.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you thats exactly what I needed to hear!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Might just be our NHRA division, but our tech inspector required the door sill bar on the drivers side running from the hoop to the front down bar before I could get my 8.50 cert. Even if it isn't required in your area it is still a good idea so you have a solid place to mount a lap belt tab and window net cable.

Brandon

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Might just be our NHRA division, but our tech inspector required the door sill bar on the drivers side running from the hoop to the front down bar before I could get my 8.50 cert. Even if it isn't required in your area it is still a good idea so you have a solid place to mount a lap belt tab and window net cable.

Brandon
I totally forgot about that one! There is one in my car in the pics posted but I ran the new carpet over it! And that's exactly where my lap belt mounting tab was welded....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Check out Southern Outlaw Shop's moly cages. I just installed a 10 point in my 87 coupe and it fit like a dream. All pre notched and ready to weld.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going with a wolfe cage for sure and I figured everything out that im doing now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The SOS cage fit perfect. I did not have to touch one notch. It took a total of about 6 hours to install it (not counting removing and reinstalling interior).

·
Registered
508 Posts
you need a 10 point for 8.50 now
no you do not , you can get it done with a 6 point cage all that you need is main hoop, 2 rocker bars, 2 A piller down bars 1 roof bar and 1 dash bar and some gusets .. been doing them for years .. Hell i can even make a 7.50 cage witch is 25.5 off the 6 point base line ...

Neil

8.50 cert 6 point cage

heres a 25.5 cert based off a 6 point with propor floor bars of course .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts