Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://imgur.com/a/iU81L

It's not 100% completed, Iam going to smooth over the edges, apply a couple more coats of paint.
My plan was to make a 4inch hole however my drill would not fit the 1/2 bit for the 4 inch bit. So this is 3.5 inches, however I might be able to salvage this and enlarge it to 4inches without running it.

4 inch hole would fit perfectly in the headlight

4 inch dryer duct is very common and can easily be used to connect scoop to air box making a sealed ram air setup. If ran like this for track events it would be more of a fresh air scoop.

Feel free to make suggestions I plan on designing and manufacturing race car parts for the amazing fox platform.

Thank you

·
Registered
788 Posts
Neat. What did you make that piece out of? A naca duct? I am on my phone and cannot see it well.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
that's bad ass man!

hope will do some track testing

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you! I plan on manufacturing many more parts. Something im very excited about, like i said its not 100% finished but that will come in time, and i would love to make a sealed box behind the "headlight" and actually do some dyno testing. Myself being on a track to test it wouldnt yield any results, im not at a skill level where a fraction more air entering the motor will make a huge reduction of lap time.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i smoothed out the edges with my dremel tool and applied three more coats of paint, it came out nice. I still want to enlarge the opening for more airflow but im excited to get the new "headlight" on the car. Standby for more pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts