Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help selecting the right gear ratio. currently have the streetfighter stall 3000-34000, what are the best gears to use with this stall and cam. 80% strip, small town cruising the rest of the time.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody running a combo like this? What gears are you running and how do you like the setup?

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Behind my 331 with a XE274 i run a 3800 non-lockup convertor in my built AOD with 3.73's / 26" DR, my car sees about a 50/50 split between shows and the track, and cruising the highway my rpm's are 2200 @ 70 in OD.

Love it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like that non lock up converter? How are your times at the track? I have been thinking about trying a non lock up converter, I am still using the lock up style streetfighter, but with the 4.56 gears I dont get much flash out of it. Going to change to some 4.10's this week and see how it does, but still have a feeling that I wont be happy with it

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The non lockup convertor has done well with all that i have thrown at it over the years.
I went to the track sunday for some shake down passes but unfortunately i only had one good pass to go by and i need to make a few more changes to my carb- the one that was supposed to be setup up when i got it!:rolleyes:

I'm hoping for mid ten's once i'm done!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you get your carb adjusted, that sucks that you thought it was gonna be right on. thats ok though, just more test and tune experience. Mid 10's thats awesome damn!! Thats damn fast! You drive it on the streets any with that converter, whats the footstall on it and flash stall

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Hope you get your carb adjusted, that sucks that you thought it was gonna be right on. thats ok though, just more test and tune experience. Mid 10's thats awesome damn!! Thats damn fast! You drive it on the streets any with that converter, whats the footstall on it and flash stall

Thanks, making ONE more jet change when they get here, and yes i have learned alot.

Put it this way, with all the changes i made i've learned more about carbs in the last 6 months then i ever had with efi.:)

I can footbrake it till 2400 and it flashes at 3800.

It's not that fast, but there's been no weight reduction and it still has A/C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts