Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a temp and boost gauge in the clock pod location. Where is the easiest location to get the wires/hoses from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Well, there is a black rubber gromet on the left of the brake booster. I root all of my wires though there. Then all you have to do is root the wires under the dash and up to the clock, it isn't really hard at all. Once you look at it for a little while you will see that it isn't as hard as you think it is. Good luck.

-Billy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. On 5 speed cars I think the hole you are referring to is used for the clutch cable. I guess I will drill a hole in that general area.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Damn, I didn't think the clutch cable went up there. I don't know so, sorry. That area is a good spot for a hole, just drill an inch hole and enlarge it as needed. Good luck man.

-Billy

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
When looking under the dash from the drivers side, you will see a black groumet up and to the left, that is where I ran mine.

·
Registered
916 Posts
If you are talking about the same gromet I am, it will be pritty high up under the dash. It is about an 1 1/4 hole. Good luck.

-Billy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Radio Shack sells some rubber grommets for any holes that you may have to drill. I have a 5 speed, FWIW, and I use the one by the master cylinder also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts