Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered the Brenspeed throwback kit, for my 07 GT manual.

I currently have an AFR gauge, what else should I use? and forgive me for asking why?

First time nooby here.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I'm not a fan of gauges but I do like sensors that I can log. The only aftermarket gauge that is visible in my car is the Eboost II for boost control.
I do have a bunch of safety electronics (duel widebands, Safeguard Knock Detector, Lean Protection, Alky Control Meth Inj) all mounted under the rear seat. These electronics are wired to LED's that are mounted on the steering column so if one of these safety devices is activated an LED lights up.

As far as aftermarket sensors I log Fuel PSI, AFR from each bank, Boost, Flex Fuel Sensor and Meth PSI...seems that I'm forgetting something tho but others will chime in.

ks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds silly, but I have all the above gauges, boost, af/r, fuel pressure, trans temp, boost controller etc.

I only see one going down the track and it’s the shift light.

Point is, a gauge is only good if you can monitor it.
That is the most common sense response I have heard in a long time....

Ill keep the AFR gauge hooked up, add my MSD shift light. thanks !

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Boost, Water, Oil and Tach. I data log everything, but going down track it is all about seeing the shift light. I do monitor water temp before and after a burnout because I want to be at 160* when I stage the car. Oil pressure is looked at when driving to the staging lanes and when coming down the return road after a pass, but otherwise pretty much ignored. I don't know why I have a boost gauge as I rarely look at it. Goes back to when it was a street car I guess.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sounds silly, but I have all the above gauges, boost, af/r, fuel pressure, trans temp, boost controller etc.

I only see one going down the track and it’s the shift light.

Point is, a gauge is only good if you can monitor it.
This man could not be more correct! I have a wideband, fuel pressure and boost gauge. I dont see a single one of them doing pulls because I am more focused on keeping the car straight and banging gears. They are good to have though for intial things like on the dyno you can watch these all where its strapped down.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I find it amazing how many people will argue that they always watch the gauges and even when I inform them they can't watch every single gauge at the exact same time and still watch the road they still argue that they do.:hammer:

ks

·
Registered
917 Posts
I find it amazing how many people will argue that they always watch the gauges and even when I inform them they can't watch every single gauge at the exact same time and still watch the road they still argue that they do./forums/images/smilies/hammer.gif

ks
I’ve used a go-pro mounted on the roll bar before I started data logging, that’s as close as I’ve ever came!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I always just have the car tuned, and occasionally glance at the gauges. That being said, if I wasn't going to have a professional tune, I would be watching the gauges closely. At least until I got it running the way it should be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts