Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty excited about my new exhaust system. Just wondering what you think I'll get gain wise. I got the regular Magnaflow catback and catted x-pipe. I'm thinking 15-20hp flywheel, maybe .3 and 2mph in the 1/4 mile. What do you think?

Thanks for everyone's help,
Jeff

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well I have the Magnaflow cat-back and a Bassani X... assuming the Magnaflow X is similar to the Bassani, I'd say you'd get around 15 hp from the X and then another 5 from the cat-back so 20 total. I know lots of people say that cat-backs do nothing other than change the sound, especially on a N/A car, but I was able to feel a SLIGHT improvement after adding it... and being that you can't feel 1 or 2 hp I'd guess 5... I dunno not very technical but hey that's my best guess =) Just comparing the looks of the Magnaflow cat-back to the stock cat-back side by side on the garage floor you can see how it flows so much better. As for the ET drop I'd say a solid .2 maybe .3 if you do some more mods - again just guesses =)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response.

to the top.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I've got the stuff below in my sig waiting to put on..

I will have a dyno after those are installed, granted I will also have the Anderson PIPE on too.. So we shall see..

I am hoping for at least 15 hp.

Shawn

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the Magnaflow X-Pipe w/ Cats and the Magnaflow Cat-back system installed in my '99 Cobra Coupe and the dyno difference came in right around 15 hp rwhp greater and about 16 rwtq more than before the install. I gained even more when I hooked them to FRPP's ceramic coated shorty headers, ... and the sound ain't so bad either ... !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I placed an order for the cat-back todayfrom houston performance. anyone have any before and after dynos? Im interested in knowing if i will gain anything.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got 15hp and 16lb/ft at the wheels on a Cobra. I would expect slightly less on a GT, but for a catted system that seems like a nice gain. I can't wait!

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts