Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is more of a poke at the new 1000' race thing then anything.. but it caught my eye and made me chuckle.

Page 26, #4 in BOLD PRINT

Drag racing is a dangerous sport. There is no such thing as a guaranteed safe drag race. Drag racing always carries with it the risk of serious injury or death in any number of ways. This risk will always exist no matter how much everyone connected with drag racing tries to make our sport safer. Although NHRA works to promote and enhance the safety of the sport, there are no guarantees that such safety measures will guarantee or ensure safety. The participant always has the responsibility for the participant's own safety, and by participating in drag racing, the participant accepts all risks of injury, whether due to negligence, vehicle failure, or otherwise. If at any time a participant does not accept these risks, the participant agrees not to participate in drag racing.

it's interesting since they want to change the rule for topfule because one of our own passed away.. now if we take all the responsibilty, why are they trying to change the rule to "make it safer"

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
liability for track owners??

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
No when you go in there should be all of the we are not liable signs and when you race you have to sign a release also. I was thinking it was just to slow the speeds down some. Why not just make the shutdown areas bigger??

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I feel like there are other things they should change. Reduce the nitro, make the tires harder/smaller, give em 400 cubes, whatever.

The change to 1000' is retarded. So what, now they are going to have to keep record keeping at both 1320' and 1000'?

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
we have discussed this a millions times already on other forums..at out local hang out..at the track....it ends up something like this...can you really tell the difference in 300 ft from the [email protected] 300+ mph..mmm..no..hell the top fuel cars are still running 330 mph in the 1000foot..nothing has really changed..other than they now have an extra 320 ft of extra braking distance..

·
Registered
286 Posts
we have discussed this a millions times already on other forums..at out local hang out..at the track....it ends up something like this...can you really tell the difference in 300 ft from the [email protected] 300+ mph..mmm..no..hell the top fuel cars are still running 330 mph in the 1000foot..nothing has really changed..other than they now have an extra 320 ft of extra braking distance..

There is a huge difference. At those speeds it just takes a little hicup to loose the race. I have seen meny different races won and lost in the last 320. That is what makes the 1/4 mile special.

If there was no difference crews wouldn't be talking about the parts issues beyond 1000'

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'd like a different change, the 1320 is tradition. I'd be like the nfl changing the field to 80 yards long. I agree they could change the fuel formula to slow them down a little. Maybe require a little more frontal area for resistance to slow them down.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
313 last weekend.... about 330 in the 1320

1 - 10 of 10 Posts