Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Dragway 42 tonite for their test and tune. For the first time this year I made it out on a night with cool temps and low humidity, and the time showed it nicely. First pass off the trailer was a 12.59 @ 108.75, a new best for my car. 60 foot was 1.73 and I had a decent .0979 reaction time.The second pass started out even better breaking into the 7 second range for the eighth mile, 7.98 @ 84.75, but after seeing smoke billowing out the back of the car I backed out out of the throttle and pulled over. 60 foot was down to 1.67 and reaction time was a real nice .0060. Seems I now have tranny fluid pouring out the tailshaft of the transmission. So much for test and tune. :crying: Seems like every other time now something is going wrong. I just put a new quicktime bellhousing in the car over the weekend, so I'm hoping I just pinched the tranny seal or something simple at least.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Overfilled?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think it should be overfilled, fluid wasn't even dripping out the fill hole after reinstalling for the bellhousing swap, and the car was pretty close to level at the time. That did cross my mind tho. I'll be crawling under it later to see what I can find. Hope its nothing serious, I have a race I've been wanting to go to on sept 6th, don't want to miss out on that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just crawled under the car, I folded the end of the seal over when I slid in the driveshaft. Does anyone know off hand the number for the rear tranny seal on a Tremec 3550? If it's the same as a t5 I can probably just run to the local parts store and get one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts