Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any direct experience between the two?

I been planning on doing a Holley HP or Dominator EFI upgrade in the future. But I recently discovered that the FuelTech business is literally less than an hour from my front doorstep.

Now I know some big grudge racers use them and run some ludicrous fast times, im just curious if anyone has worked with both and could give honest feedback?

When I make the swap to EFI, its going to be a pro style setup with all new harness', etc. So something like Holley, Megasquirt Pro, FuelTech or Haltech is going to be the step I take.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The MS3-Pro is actually manufactured less than an hour from your doorstep too... just saying. :D

Fuel Tech is a bit of an oddity - they've got a pretty clever idea of integrating the control unit and dash, but it has a very small I/O pin count, way smaller than Holley's HP unit.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't mind going MS3-Pro, Im just not super familiar with it in any sense.

But when I do convert to EFI its going to be a pro style conversion like the Holley, Fuel Tech or MS3 I guess. I didn't realize you guys where that close to me.

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Going to download the tuning software and have a look at it myself...

I have played with the PNP in the past, but nothing like the MS3-Pro.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looking at the holley hp efi as well, what do you lose on the car when you unplug the factory ecu?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The new FuelTech FT600 has plenty of I/O to run on. There are plenty of great running ProMods running that unit with everything they need with no complaints.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would most definitely go with FuelTech. Their software is much more reliable and their Tech support is amazing compared to other EFI companies. And I'm almost positive that they will let you come into their HQ up in Ball Ground and talk with them about their setup. You can't go wrong with FuelTech.

·
Registered
763 Posts
^^^ newbie's first 2 posts are to praise FuelTech? Do you own a kit, have hands on experience with installation and tuning?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts