What pick up are u using?
Pre-screen on the pick up?
How low have u safely ran ur tank?
Cavitation issues?
What pump and where's it mounted?
Pics of pump and line routing.
Any advise for people new to pick ups?
Any companies to avoid?

I know some people say u can't go below 1/4 tank, but could fuel hose be attached to the feed tube to allow it to reach further in the tank?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
get a glens setup and be done with it. no worries about fuel level and good quality parts. just get his sleeper tank and pickup and you will be happy. i love my setup.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want the tank...just the pickup tube.

·
Registered
691 Posts
why dont you weld a sump into your factory tank, and say fck it to the pick up tube. I use a paxton ( i think it was a paxton) pick up tube for my return.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't want a sump because its a street car. I like the sleeper tank but not the price tag. So a pickup is my
next choice.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Oh I see, still tho I would do a sump. For me I would rather have the sump then never being able to let my tank run down to 1/4 tank and deal with other issues known with pickups. I used to have the flashy braided line feeding from my sump to the pumps, but I switched it out with some black push lock hose, then I neatly hid the lines as best I could, its not that noticable. PM me an email addy if you want a pic to see.

Mine is a street car as well, no issues with the sump ever. Other than it can be noticed if you look carefully.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If the stock tank has enough baffling for a pump it should be good enough for a pick up. As long as the pickup tube is same length as the hanger with pump. Glenns says u can run their pickup to E.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If the stock tank has enough baffling for a pump it should be good enough for a pick up. As long as the pickup tube is same length as the hanger with pump. Glenns says u can run their pickup to E.
+1 on this. I spoke to them about this as well, because I had read so many horror stories about pickup tubes. He says his pickups are a much better design, allowing you to run it down to E...

·
Jersey True Street Guy
3,195 Posts
I am missing why everybody is so adamant on testing their fuel systems and running it to empty?

Is there something wrong with being conservative and keeping a 1/4+ tank in it?

I have the sleeper tank with around 1000 rwhp and it has worked great....BUT, as a general practice I keep 1/3 + tank of gas in the car because there isn't any logical reason to test luck.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't want to test luck or run it to E, but I do like the ability to drive past a station or 2 and if I can only use 10 gals of a 15 gal tank then I might as well run a cell.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I ran the Mallory pickup, it replaces the stock pump/pickup with a -10 outlet and a -6 inlet. I also had a large Mallory pump on the bumper, I never had any issue with the pickup or fueling issues. They are pretty common pickups and go for around $100...It puts the pickup in the same spot as the original pump, down in the baffle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts