Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might be the wrong stop to post this but figured someone can help. I picked up a roller this winter and it came with a 16 gallon fuel cell. I want to run a sending unit but I'm not sure if I can it in a 1985 mustang. If that matters

·
Registered
401 Posts
You need to make sure it's a Ford style sending unit. I think but don't quote me it's like a 70-10ohm sending unit. I believe Chrysler also uses the same range. A chevy unit is backwards something like 0-90ohms or something like that.

I think after you paid for the sender, extra parts to install it, and then the tools to cut the hole you would be much better off just getting a new fuel cell and selling yours to a local racer.

Your's is a 16 Gallon cell. I just got a Jaz 16 Gallon fuel cell w/foam and Ford sender for $220 at a local dirt track. It's their pro-stock cell and comes with 2 out's, 1 vent, sender, and cap. I also got a AN bulkhead connector from the same store with the nut and nylon washers for another $12. So total is $232 and I'm going to just build my own straps but you might be able to use yours as a lot of these fuel cells are the same size.

BTW going through your local speed shop can save you a lot in shipping, and you help your local economy instead of another states. It really helps on the oversized items.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang that's a great deal wish I could come across a deal like that.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts