Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes again...I asked about this in the past. I have a problem where my car breaks up slightly in the upper Rpms. I have a very safe tune..18 degrees total advance and about 11.9 AFR on gage at 10 psi. I have better springs in my heads too. Plugs are gapped at .028 using NGK's now T5's, also used autolite 103's same problem. I changed the distributor, using crane fireball 6 box and coil, same problem. Could I be running out of fuel running a walbro 255? Should I up to an aeromotive 340liter?? Thanks for the suggestions. Need help to get this fixed. (Running stock rails and fuel lines, Pressure has been 38-45 with vac plugged in and 50psi under boost.)

·
Registered
513 Posts
what size injectors? what is the duty cycle, I had simular combo, 255, stock lines and 42#ers, ran out of injector on mine, duty cycle was 100%, couldnt get a/r below a 12

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Injectors are 60lb deka's.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
not saying the 255 wont get it, but the 340 would be a nice pump.. also how fresh is the fuel filter?? i have read where guys have changed everything in the fuelsystem and it ended up being the filter...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I changed the fuel filter just after kit was installed and had problem breaking up. Was better after I changed it...not breaking up as much but still there. Fuel filter was hard to blow through....(Dirty). Thats why I was wondering if it could be a fuel problem like the 255 just isnt enough.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sounds like not enough volume or enough pump I am running 60's but I have an a1000 with -10 and -8 lines and I am making 650 to the tire on a 96 4v I would upgrade my pump and lines just my 2 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts