Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 306 with stock crank and rods,srp pistons,custom grind cam,trick flow twisted wedge heads ported to 1262,edelbrock performer rpm upper and lower,70mmtb, 24lb injectors and mass air,. what should i set the fuel pressure at? also what is a good starting point with the timing? right now i have timing set at 16 degrees with the spout out. any info is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a9l computer with 11.0 to 1 compressure

·
Registered
453 Posts
timing

there is an article in the (winsor tech forums/ 5.0/5.8 engine tech/ wow I was running 20 degrees initial timing) thread where a guy has posted the timing curves of all the computers, that should get you close. fuel pressure i would start arround 38 and adjust as needed. Its always a good Idea to creep up on timing also. Too much the first time out could be a bad thing.
Sorry I cant post links yet.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
a9l computer with 11.0 to 1 compressure
Keep bumping the timing up Graaadually "baby steps here now" and take it down the road after each step-up, let it "lag" a little bit in high gear 4th & 5th then put ur foot into it and listen for detonation.. keep doing this Untill u've hit the mark, then back it back off one notch too the sweet spot. Fuel (Octane) and Heat (mid-day, city driving, A/C on) both affect this "Saweet spot" lol so run good fuel in it, and dont lean on it too hard when she's runn'in hot! FP will be some where between 38 an 42 prolly, u can play with it too.. Like when u hit the Mark (Detonation spot w Timing) add a lil FP too it and see if it helps it go away.. This is for Max effort. This is the best resort, second too the Dyno. Although, a custom tune is THE way to go! Esp/Preferably with a Power adder lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts