Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to run new -10 fuel lines. I can run them down the passenger side but will be about 5" from the exhaust pipe. Or I can run them down the driver's side along with the battery and charge cables, then along side the shifter rods and clutch fork. My concerns are being close to the exhaust creating heat in the fuel. The other side I'm concerned about mechanical damage from the shifter rods and clutch fork. What will I be better off doing?

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the exhaust heating up the fuel. Five inches is a long way for the heat to heat up the fuel especially if this is a return system since the fuel is constantly being recycled back to the tank.

ks

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is a return style system, for E85. I was more concerned with mechanical damage if the lines ended up on the driver's side.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Run along the passenger side if you can do it safely. I agree that 5 inches is more than enough spacing for heat.

I have a single 4.5 inch down the passenger side by the drive shaft area and it dumps at the back axle to comply with full exhaust street rules. My fuel line is along the frame rail toward the DS. No issues and I dump a LOT of heat down that pipe, plus have a belly pan and air dam up front restricting air under the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts