Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark your calendar! FS-SVTOA is having a Drag Day at 75-80 Dragway November 8th.

When: Saturday, November 8, 10:00AM-3:00PM
Where: 75-80 Dragway , Monrovia, MD (www.7580dragway.com)
Who: Any Ford-powered / Ford family vehicle
Cost: $20 for any Ford-powered racer; $15 for FS-SVTOA members
Classes:
Bracket class, street tires
Bracket class, drag radials
Heads-up

There will also be a sign-up sheet for GRUDGE MATCHES!

About FS-SVTOA: FS-SVTOA is the Free State (Maryland) chapter of Ford's Special Vehicle Team Owners Association. See our web site at www.freestatesvtoa.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies will be awarded.

As far as rules...judging from your car's mods you know a heck of a lot more about drag racing than I do... The Bracket classes are handicapped. Racers will pick their dial-in time during the time trials. The tree will be adjusted to equalize the two cars racing (slowest leaves first). If you beat your dial-in you are disqualified. Otherwise, first to cross the line wins. Now, being a novice at this I probably missed something. Let me know and I'll get an answer.

Heads-up class is simple - no handicap, first to cross the line wins.

·
Registered
883 Posts
rules for bracket cars are easy, because you are running a dail in. A 12 second car can beat a 10 second car.

In heads up class, everything changes, from engine mods to minimum weights to tire sizes. Sounds like a nice event, but I like to know my chances of winning before I show up, lol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll race ya. Let's see...can't get traction, either bog down or spin for 2.2 seconds, and with a completely stock car I can't beat 14.4 at 75-80, so...(calculating)...your odds would be approximately 100%...give or take.

Har!

Seriously...it's all just for fun...get a few (more than a few?) runs in, hang out with the other motorheads for (the last?) weekend of the season. I hope you'll consider coming out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts