Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1995 GT a few weeks back. My plans for the car are to build a fun HPDE/auto x vehicle that will always be street legal. Due to work and family I'll probably only see a road course 5-6 times a year if I'm lucky. The car is unmolested so it needs everything ! With that in mind I'm looking for my fisrt major enhancement to be the FRPP suspension package M5400A. Kit includdes teh following:
-Pair of 600LB-IN Front Springs
-Pair of 250LB-IN Rear Springs
-Larger Front and Rear Sway Bars
-Larger Front and Rear Sway Bars
-Pair of Front Struts and Rear Shocks.

Lowers 1994-1998 cars 1" and 1999-2004 cars .75". Will not fit on 1999-2004 Cobra with Independent Rear Suspension.

Related Parts:
-Caster Camber Plates. #M18183S3
-Rear Lower Control Arms, #M5649G9

Any opinions?

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Id hold off on that. I don't think you would be happy in the long run. Maybe a better set of shocks and struts would make you happier in the short term and give you a good foundation to build on.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I've ran that "kit" and felt it was adequate. Not optimal, but it had good street manners and acceptable performance for what it was.

There's certainly better out there, just a matter money...like most things. I agree with BULLITT for the most part though.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
FRPP list price of 545. My humble opinion is no. Buy some Konis or Bilstiens at that price.

If it is the same as teh suspension that was on my car (01 Bullitt) the sways are 28 front and 21 rear. The shocks aren't that great.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I personally like the Bilstein option and thats what I use, but if you're wanting to get the last tenth out of the car, then something adjustable like a KONI Yellow or Tockico D-Spec would probably be the choice.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Why don't you call MM.What you probably want is the "Starter Box".Which is HD Bils and MM Road and Track springs.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Call MM... if you want to stick around the $500 mark then just install some new Bilsteins and then add on from there.

My very close friend installed the suspension kit your looking at on his 1995 GT convertible and while it lowered it nicely, it really didnt do much for handling.

If you really want to feel tighter... shocks/struts, full length sub frames and then add what you "need" frm there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^ Still researching. I'll be stopping by some local shops this week to see what brands they deal with. I prefer to try to deal with local shops if possible. Looking into the Strange adjustable shocks and struts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^Thats what I have heard lately.Even though the Strange rep said I should be covered. Still researching. I'm going to check out some local shops this week.

·
Registered
434 Posts
+1 Seriously. Trust us.

Maximum Motorsports Starter box kit. If you have to put this off for another YEAR to save up the money, do it. Suspension work is fun and all, but doing it right the first time is so much less of a headache. Trust me and ask me how I know...

and no, I wasn't really thrilled with the Mach 1/Bullitt shocks and struts. Had Steeda Sport springs, which were fine, but I always regretted not doing the Bilsteins and H&Rs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts