Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i'm going crazy cause i can't change out my front turn signal...what do i have to do to get the old one out and change em??? All i saw was the one nut on it and i thought it should just pull out, but it won't, WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??? I looked at it and 3 other guys at autozone did too but we can't figure out whats holding it in???

HELP ME PLEASE

·
Registered
120 Posts
You just have to pull them out. They have like 3 rubber grommets that hold it in place. Have you ever cange them before? They may be in there really good.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not the original owner, but for all i know they've never been changed. I'll just go out there and give it my all, i thought that they would just pull right off to the side of the car...but i didn't have any luck. Time for round two i guess.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
pull straight out, or you might break the tabs.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so i got it out, and switched the light but it still doesn't work all the time??? HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS: I switch on the right turn signal and it clicks really fast and it doesn't light (in the dash) and the front light doesn't work and the rear turn signal blinks really fast. But it does sometimes work just fine without any problems...is this a wiring problem of some nature or something???

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ttt

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I had the exact same problem. It turned out to be the grey plastic mount. I don't have the p/n but it ran like $5.00.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, i'll check it out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright..new problem... I switched the bulbs and connectors (put the left in the right one and vice versa) well the left still works but the right doesn't...what the heck could this be?????

Note: the right turnsignal works fine if it isn't clicked into the locked position (like just pushing it up to start the signal but not all the way up where it clicks into place so you won't have to hold it) when its all the way up it goes crazy and only the rear works and it signals really fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts