Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does removing the front swaybar help with 60ft or 1/4 times? I've heard it does and I'm going to the track tomorrow and thought maybe I'd take it off it its that much of a help. Car is 00 GT with stock front suspension, upper and lower control arms in the rear with MT E.T. streets for rubber.

I also haven't been running a rear sway bar either, and have got my 60fts into low 1.8's, does a rear sway bar hurt or help? I've never ran the car with one at the track.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay great thanks, having the rear sway bar off too help? or should I put that back on?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I would think having the rear swaybar on would help since sadly enough it actually helps to reduce lateral movement of the axle with the crappy stock quadrabind setup even though that's not what a swaybar is for.
It may also help to plant the back tires more evenly on launch, kind of like an aftermarket anti-roll bar but not nearly as effective.
If you don't have a lot of hp you may not notice much difference whether it's on or off.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Leave the rear on. Ditch the front.

Tim

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the help guys, i took off the front sway bar and it gave me about .04 better time. I'll try puttin the rear on next time and see how it goes!

·
Registered
564 Posts
how driving on the street w/o te sway bar in front? I dont care about corner carving but doe sit make the car extremely loose on the highway or anything?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
its not bad without a front bar, just know the limits. mine is on 15x3.5s now anyways so i cant ever get close to making the car get stupid from no front bar lol. mine just kind of leaned in corners on the 18s, but i wasnt out to run an autocross so i got used to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts