Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking again before I buy in regards to shocks and struts for my maximum motorsports coilover kit:

Purpose of the car would be drive long distance with occasional track events like 5 tops a year. Looking for performance oriented handling that isnt harsh if I wanted to daily drive it for like a week to a month. The car is a 90 coupe with torque arm system from maximum motorsports with torque arm springs. Coilover spring choice is 325lbs and the struts I want are either the blisten hd or maximum motorsports sport shock with either urethane or spherical bushings, Which strut and
Why ? Is what I'm asking.

Addendum: I will convert the rear to a coilover system if I'm unsatisfied with the torque arm springs

·
Registered
267 Posts
I believe that MM had the sport shocks built because the HD aren't quite enough for that high of a spring rate. They designed everything else that you have so why don't you listen to them on this.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that MM had the sport shocks built because the HD aren't quite enough for that high of a spring rate. They designed everything else that you have so why don't you listen to them on this.
I see your point, the 325 spring rate was the limit for the HDs and beginning for the sport series. I suppose sport is looking like a better choice. I read all the articles on their website but I still want more opinions before purchasing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Better to be over damped than under damped. The sport will probably handle better AND ride better because it's not working itself to death trying to control the spring.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better to be over damped than under damped. The sport will probably handle better AND ride better because it's not working itself to death trying to control the spring.
I just re-read their strut selection faq and I may have missed that. It's looking like the sports series will be my choice.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have 300# on Bilstien HD's. Softer T/A springs with a PM3L at the rear.
I had this with the stock K member and control arms for a couple seasons. It was a big improvement over the old set-up. (Eibach Pro-kits and KYB shocks.)
This year I put in an MM K and control arms. Poly bushings work great. WHAT a difference!! Ride harshness is WAY down.

I plan to hit an open track later this year. It the 300's can cut it at all, I'm leaving them.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
I have the bilstein sports on my car now with the H&R Race Springs. Great ride and handling. It would absolutely not bother me a bit to daily this car. Just had it at the track over the weekend too. Go with the sports and never look back!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the bilstein sports on my car now with the H&R Race Springs. Great ride and handling. It would absolutely not bother me a bit to daily this car. Just had it at the track over the weekend too. Go with the sports and never look back!!!
Ok sweet, went with the MM sport series with the 320lb springs. :surprise:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts