Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Cobra Rs on my mach1 and the outside pad on the left wears much more rapidly than the others. nothing is sticking, have re-bled, everything is tight. The road course that I go to most of the time is clockwise so I am leaning on the left more than the right. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
If the pad is worn evenly front to back and top to bottom, just worn more than the others, I'd say you really do have a sticking caliper/slider problem.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the pad is worn evenly front to back and top to bottom, just worn more than the others, I'd say you really do have a sticking caliper/slider problem.
There is no slider because it's a 4 piston and pistons seem to move easily when I compress them to change pads.

·
Super Moderator
27,651 Posts
The two pins in each of your calipers that retain the pads are sliders. One of them or both of them on that caliper is binding. Take them out, clean them, polish them, make sure the holes in the pad backing plates are clean and deburred, make sure any anti-rattle clips aren't causing the pad(s) to be forced against the pins too hard, etc.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two pins in each of your calipers that retain the pads are sliders. One of them or both of them on that caliper is binding. Take them out, clean them, polish them, make sure the holes in the pad backing plates are clean and deburred, make sure any anti-rattle clips aren't causing the pad(s) to be forced against the pins too hard, etc.
ok I'll check out that stuff and maybe swap sides with the hardware too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts