Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left front wheel is almost to the edge of the wheel well. Right front is tucked farther in. Also the left strut is tightened down all the way. If you look from the engine bay, it has way more thread showing than the right strut. The left front is also lower than the right. Is the stock kmember slotted any so it can move a little. I plan to put aftermarket k member on soon, I need to know if this is something I need to fix now. Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wheels not sitting even in the wheel arches is not uncomon at all in foxes, as the production tolerances were kinda loose.
The front end being square to the rear end, suspension wise was, more a priority than having the exterior sheet metal square with the wheels.
To make sure the rear axle and the k member are correctly aligned with each other, Maximum Motorsports web site has downloadable instructions that come with their K members. They are pretty clear and easy to follow. Other than a plumbob, and a tape measure no speacial tools are required. Just take your time and measure carefully.
In my case, when I was all done I knew I was square, and fender alignment looked just fine.
Your mileage might vary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts