Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Corral. Putting parts together to start front end project. I need the following parts. Please let me know what you have before I start to purchase new.

Coilovers for Koni Red Adjustable Front Struts. Thinking I would like to go with 12"250 springs. Advice appreciated

Caster Camber Plates

87-93 Front Calipers
87-93 4 lug Rotors
87-93 Front Stainless Steel Brake lines
Hawk HPS or equivalent brake pads

Quality ball joints for stock A arm

Looking to do a bit of an upgrade on my 86.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I don't have any of the parts you want, but since you said advice appreciated, here's some advice:

- I'm not sure Koni Reds will handle coil-overs all that well. That's what I used for my first coil-over setup about 20 years ago and the setup was pretty heavily under-damped and rode like garbage. Admittedly, that was with 10" 300# springs, so going with 250# springs would be a step in the right direction, but even with those you may find the Reds just don't have enough damping to control the springs.

- Opinions about brake pads are like belly buttons, everyone's got one. Personally, from my experience, I would say Hawk HPS are over-priced garbage. There are plenty of good street performance pads available for 1/2 as much. One of my favorites over the past couple years is the ACDelco Professional Grade semi-metallics, which (as far as I can tell) are just re-branded Raybestos Professional Grade semi-metallics. Rockauto.com has the ACDelcos on wholesaler close-out right now for a whopping $8.94 (the Raybestos are $33).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for your advise. I have decided to keep the koni reds and install conventional springs. I just picked up H&R race springs. Thanks for the recommendation on the pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts