Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp..i swapped out my front lower control arms today and BOTH my front springs were broke, so im in the market for front springs. I was looking at the eibach drag launch kit but am not sure about it. Any other springs i should be looking into? Drivetrain is stock and i have a few upgrades the the suspension already.

Thank you guys!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am definitely looking into coil overs. The cost to covert my shocks is the same as buying new stock location springs (found that out last night)....is there amd tried and true spring rates out there for a new edge? Sorry about all the questions im just kinda new to spring rates and what is optimal for drag.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The right way would be to put on 4-way scales,but not necessary. What's your engine combo? N/A,turbo,blower? Stock k-mem? Was anything lightened i.e hood,bumper support? Street /Strip?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock k no lightening on the front end.....70% drag maybe 30% street (back and forth to work on a REALLY nice day)
Na for now goin root style after this motor blows up

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just looking at some 14-175 springs with coil over sonversion sleeves. Im thinkin with the future motor swap they could land me where i should be...any thoughts? Motor is a bored 30 over 5.4 2v roots blower @ 14psi

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for the info!!! Ill see how the 175s do and might go to the 150s like your saying if need be. Again thank you for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
I swapped from stock k member and drag launch springs to chromoly k member and upr coil overs 14-150. 11-12 sec car. The front end is like a stone in comparison and drives worse on the street. I have since tried 12-150 but found 14-130 to be better. Unless you're dead set on weight savings I wouldn't recommend coil overs. For me the gains aren't there on a slowish car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont mind the street side of the ride. My nprmal DD is a f350 so its a bad ride anyway. Weight reduction is always a good thing
What do you mean it was like a stone in comparison?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So everything is installed on the car. I had problems with the lakewood 90/10s working with the cc plates and the strange coil over conversion kit. The body of the strut was more narrow and the ears where you bolt the strut to the spindle were way too wide for the coil over sleeve to sit over. Also the threads and the shaft of the strut were too big in diameter for the cc spacers to fit on them. I ended up goin back to the old struts that were on the car when i bought it (not at all for drag) and everything fit like a glove. Maybe strange 10 ways in my future.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car is off to get an alignment on monday. Good thing about that is ill be in back there doing "tweeking" is ther a specific alignment for drag or is it close to road alignment?

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I had my car aligned strictly for drag racing. Zero toe, zero camber, max caster and alignment done with nose up attitude, like the car will be under power going down track. Also gave them my race weight to pre load drivers seat and had car set up at race weight. Car went dead straight, no drama at 160 mph.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The shop im going to is anything but a performace shop. So thank you VERY much for that info! After the cc plates went in, my fronts are WAY out of spec....lol...ill see how bad everything is on Monday....thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so i bought some front runners to match my rears. New fronts are M amd H 26x4.5 bias plys, do you balance bias fronts?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts