Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i searched front control arms and read all 21 threads, but I didn't see this anywhere.
I've currently got MM fox length control arms on my car, and sold my stock ones. Im looking to make some new control arms my self (nothing against the MM arms, I love them, and theyre great, just going a different route)

Before I dig and and grab measurements/make a fixture, can anyone provide any of these measurements? not trying to step on anyone's toes, just figured someone may have them and be willing to share.

the only thing is I meant for the bottom horizontal measurement to be from the center of the ball joint to the center of the pivot, not the edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive never had a copy of that book. If it did, that would be good to know

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Two out of three are incorrect. Mathis explained some of the problems with the book on CC years ago. More or less he didn't get to see the final proof before it was published, then had no authority to correct things.

Try this post. From a Ford engineer and I have confirmed the data.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/4744189-post10.html

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, just looked.

Page 97 has lengths; Stock 13 in, 87-88 T-bird 13 3/4 in, SVO 14 in.

More info on altering crossmembers.
appreciate you checking, almost bought the book on Amazon. :salute:

Two out of three are incorrect. Mathis explained some of the problems with the book on CC years ago. More or less he didn't get to see the final proof before it was published, then had no authority to correct things.

Try this post. From a Ford engineer and I have confirmed the data.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/4744189-post10.html
thanks a lot. that will definitely help out.

I have an event to drive this weekend, and another on the 29th. Between that, I am going to try and get some arms made

1 - 6 of 6 Posts