Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best bushings to use with stock front control arms? I was told delrin bushings are good but I cant find them anywhere. I want bushings with little to no bind, I have polyurethanes and they suck. thanks in advance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow, no one helped you with this yet?

I was looking for more informaion on front control arm bushings. I did find the delrin types you are looking for. Check these quotes:

Available with either urethane or Delrin bushings. Urethane bushings are much smaller and stiffer than stock control arm bushings to provide increased responsiveness with minimum noise. Delrin bushings have zero deflection for competition, and have a marginal increase in ride harshness and noise compared to urethane bushings.
They also have an offset option.
There are two geometries available; zero-offset (stock geometry) or forward-offset. The zero-offset geometry has the same relationship between the ball joint and the control arm pivots as the stock control arms. The forward-offset geometry version moves the ball joint forward 3/4". When combined with a MM K-Member, this will move the wheels forward 1-1/2" (some fender-opening modifications may be required).
You can find the control arms for sale at http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

I don't think you can use the bushing w/o buying the whole control arm, yet they sell replacements at the bottom for a good price.

You should be able to figure it out from there.

I was wondering about the less hardcore bushings. I'm looking for stock replacement, and I see stock ones for $35+ each side, and then they have the enegery suspension full set for $40, but it comes with no mental casing.

I dunno :idunno:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts