Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of qa-1 adjustable coilovers I picked up a long time ago with my tubular front end, along with a set of 14” 175 springs. I can’t seem to find any markings on the coilover, but they are black and the only adjustment I see is a know on the top that you twist to + or - currently they are all the way -

Without knowing a whole bunch about coilovers and adjustments of them, I know I’m not getting a whole lot of nose rise, or weight transferor the rear. Can anyone advise a good starting point? Seems like I can adjust ride height and the valving, but not sure which way to go, or if it’s even optimum setup... car is a ‘04 turbo, 3100lbs.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
All the way - is full loose, the strut will extend and collapse very easily. So the strut is not really holding you back as far as initial weight transfer. At this point going stiffer, turning the adjustment to the + is probably not going to help.....unless the nose of the car rises quickly, and then just as quickly comes back down. Otherwise, you will make more progress by concentrating on the rear set up.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man! I’m noticing from my one and only pass this year so far....thanks rain....a quick front lift, like it’s setting the rear, and then....an 1/8th mile burnout.

Since last weekend, I went from a 325 50 15 et Street to a Hoosier 11.5 slick, hoping that will give me better traction. The rear is basically untouched stock stuff. Honestly, I’m not sure what to do from here, definitely spool, 35 spline, and clip eliminators. But no ideas on suspension.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts