Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of Ridetech front air bags for a 94-04 Mustang. I plan to install them in my 91 LX. I'm slightly concerned that the base bracket that fits to the front SN95 a-arms might be too different from those on a Fox.

Does anyone here have experience comparing the SN95 and Fox A-Arms?

Here is a picture of the SN95 air springs below with the base bracket at the bottom:

·
Registered
71 Posts
The fox & SN95 arms are pretty similar.
The SN95 arms are 3/4" longer from the C.L. of the bushing mounting point to the C.L. of the ball-joint.
The bushings are different.
The spring perch/bucket is effectively the same though.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The SN95 FCAs are 1.25" or 1.33" longer than fox arms, I always forget which. You are thinking of the axles; SN95 axles are .75" longer than fox axles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The SN95 FCAs are 1.25" or 1.33" longer than fox arms, I always forget which. You are thinking of the axles; SN95 axles are .75" longer than fox axles.
Aurdraco,

You are very correct sir! Actually I was thinking of the 1987-1988 T-bird arms...Brain fart.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. If I decide to keep them, I'm now thinking about swapping to front SN95 A arms. The wheels I'm looking at include 6.2" BS and 30mm of offset. With rolled fenders and -4 degrees of camber, I think it could fit them within my 91 fenders. Still considering different options though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts