Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the 3.90s a year or 2 before it was turbo'd and it was great. The llower rpm pull was sweet, but the topend was bottled up ( i didn't realize that til after the swap) and the turbo was doin work (i thought). I swapped gears yesterday and HOLY SHIZ. I was making 13.6psi with my T6 and now I hit 15 by 5k. I did not expect any of that. My car is way faster and the topend power is sweet.

Anybody thinking about the switch DO IT!

·
Registered
295 Posts
The only data I care about is times. If u don't have actual data its hogwash

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
The only data I care about is times. If u don't have actual data its hogwash

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Really? They guy can't say that the car runs and pulls better than before? That is not good enough?

My car may NEVER hit the track. If I make a change and the seat of the pants and drivability improves my perception is hogwash too?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Really? They guy can't say that the car runs and pulls better than before? That is not good enough?

My car may NEVER hit the track. If I make a change and the seat of the pants and drivability improves my perception is hogwash too?
seeing how modifying a car predominately is to gain a performance advantage, yes i do want test information and the purest most rational way of determining whether what he did actually brought some sort gains the track times are key.

i dont go by butt meters but thats just me.

b4 i get the response go on ttf.com and search i have seen them but i do not agree with the logic at times. some people gained and some didnt.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Every one knows that a 3.27 is pretty much the all mighty turbo gear. If you doubt that there was any gain going from a 3.90 - 3.27 feel free to complete your own testing. Goat has stated previously that he does not go to the track. Besides his findings are exactly the same as everyone else that makes the switch.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
auto or 5 speed ?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nyctony if u want track time, go get some. I am giving my opinion/impression/honest feedback on my gear swap. I read the same stuff on TTF and only a few disagreed with the 'highway" gears. You are more than welcome to do ur own experiments. Good luck, good day and go fuk urself.

·
Registered
472 Posts
3.27s would definitely make a huge difference over 3.90s on a turbo car.

Did you notice a difference in spool time? I know you said it hits 15 at 5k now, but does it spool quicker in general?

·
Registered
439 Posts
nyctony if u want track time, go get some. I am giving my opinion/impression/honest feedback on my gear swap. I read the same stuff on TTF and only a few disagreed with the 'highway" gears. You are more than welcome to do ur own experiments. Good luck, good day and go fuk urself.
I agree. Keep your stupid comments to yourself.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
funny that you made this post. as we speak, my car is in the shop now. swapping the 4.10's out to 3.27's

im tired of maxing out forth gear at track. 117 mph fastest she'll go in 4th (5-speed 3650)

i cant wait. i hope it makes a big difference!!!!!!!!!

if you feel a improvement from 3.90's i should feel a big difference from the 4.10's

also im running 10-11 psi through the turbo

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
funny that you made this post. as we speak, my car is in the shop now. swapping the 4.10's out to 3.27's

im tired of maxing out forth gear at track. 117 mph fastest she'll go in 4th (5-speed 3650)

i cant wait. i hope it makes a big difference!!!!!!!!!

if you feel a improvement from 3.90's i should feel a big difference from the 4.10's

also im running 10-11 psi through the turbo
like ive said many times in the past, its going to be like driving a completely different car. turbos are load dependant. 4:10s=no load

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
like ive said many times in the past, its going to be like driving a completely different car. turbos are load dependant. 4:10s=no load
yea i understand now. i just hope the motor doesn't blow now!!!!

maybe thats why mine has stayed alive on 10-11 psi !!!!!!!! lol

o well new motor is going in 2 weeks

going to track this Saturday!!!!!! hoping for mid 11's and not to have a hole in block!!!! lol

1 - 20 of 66 Posts