Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend got a good deal on a used Vortech S trim for his 96 Cobra. He got it for $800 which makes me wonder what's wrong with it. But since he is a ford salesman and the guy who had the blower traded in his 97 Cobra, he thinks its ok. He wants me to check it out. From what he's told me, the guy said it was everything that came in the kit.
-8lb pulley
-inlet ducting
-friend says some electronic wires ( I assume Chip)
-fuel pump
-mounting bracket

That's all my friend has told me so far. It was supposidly on the car for 30k miles and the car had no problems (checked out when traded). Is there anything that seems to be missing? What should I look for with regards to the blower's operation?

I know that he should get some 42# injectors and a new MAF. What else?

Thanks fo all the help. He's got an 03 on order and he's going to sell me the blower afterwards, so that's why I'm really curious.

John

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
SSSSSS said:
What should I look for with regards to the blower's operation?
Oh, I suppose looking for impact marks from debris on the impeller blades, oil in the discharge tube, external leaks, and impact marks, visual things like that. Rotate the pulley by hand while feeling for roughness and tight spots in the bearings. You might pull off the pulley and check that the keyway in the pulley and on the shaft are not damaged. This happens to the more agressively pullied 'chargers. HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts