Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my car done.. Build consist of a aje k member with ls mounts, stock 4.8l out of a 2001 Chevy pickup with 160,000 miles on it.. Installed Gm 5 layer head gaskets, arp head studs, ls7 lifters, GM yellow springs and a f body oil pan, tranny is a turbo400 with manual valve body and 3000 stall turbo kit is a eBay Cxracing universal cold side fabed to fit custom stainless steel hot side with a turbonetics racegate and on3 performance 76mm turbo and cheap Cxracing blow off valve. Car made 400 whp and 400 wtrq on 11lbs

Really fun car to drive

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Moench/1bf22b7d.mp4

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
that's LOT of work for 400hp

is it tuned?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Got any pics of the engine bay and turbo hotside. Been thinking of doing this too. I have stock turbo 5.0 but already swapped to a th400. The th400 will soak up some horsepower. FWIW my stock motor made 300rwhp through the th400 on 11psi. I bumped it up to 14psi and ran 11.85 @ 114. My motor was stock TV to oil pan and in a heavy convertible with all accessories. I bet if you car is light enough that a 10second pass is no problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheap turbo only thing holding me back from making more power is fuel system. Car is on a single 255 intank and 39lb injectors. Look at ls1 in a fox thread.. That is my build thread.

I don't see how this is a lot of work to make 400 wheel through a turbo400 and don't have to worry about splitting the block. This 4.8 block and crank is good to 1500 hp

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Very cool. I am considering a similar build. Please post your dyno sheet. I'd like to see what the chart looks like.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
how much timing?

is it even tuned?

i realize your fuel system is not up to par and that you can make more power once it is but 11# is still 11# so you're ether pulling s**t load of timing out, are running lean, or maybe just don't know. better be on top of this cause an ls motor is like any other motor... and things will break if you're not on top of this stuff. especially with turbos.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow yea it's tuned 20 degrees timing and 11.6 af acrossed the board...

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
11lbs on one turbo and 11lbs on another will make 2 different hp and trq numbers... So 11 lbs isn't 11 pounds

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes sir. If I had more fuel system it would be making more power

·
Registered
758 Posts
WOW, that is nice! where does it rev up to? I know with some springs and z06 cam these 4.8's rev all day to 7500rpm… Would love to do a 4.8 in my ttop stang..Eddie

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only spinning to 6200 needs a camshaft running stock Truck cam

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
congrats on getting it done

·
Registered
854 Posts
how much timing?

is it even tuned?

i realize your fuel system is not up to par and that you can make more power once it is but 11# is still 11# so you're ether pulling s**t load of timing out, are running lean, or maybe just don't know. better be on top of this cause an ls motor is like any other motor... and things will break if you're not on top of this stuff. especially with turbos.
It sounds like YOU DONT KNOW. How dyno friendly do you think a th400 is going to be? Why do you even care about the numbers? Ahh I know why

O.p., hit the track! Car looks good and should fly!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Going to have to disagree (respectively and in good fun) on the crank and block 1500hp rating. BC frankly its just not true. Granted u did the correct thing with arp hardwear. But those blocks hold a #### ton of HP but the cranks just aren't as good. And without a completely built proof tune anything 900+will not hold well. Also a 4.8 will need lots of boost and a well picked Turbo to make over 600rwhp. Not to mention those rods become pretlzes at 600rwhp ish. And as to it being a 4.8 that's a solid motor I'm a firm believer in lsx power.

With that said Ford powerplant FTW! Don't mind others doing it just not my choice. Which is why its not my car ;-)

COOL BUILD THO KEEP UPDATEA COMING. you have my interest

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
600 rwhp is easy... Are shop truck makes 700whp with a 5.3l 100% stock only 5 layers and head studs on 20lbs... Threw a 4l80e and transfer case. Your right 1500 might be a little high but it's not splitting the block at 500 wheel are lifter float at 5800 or horrible main cap walk..

Im just saying not trying to argue. I'm doing a smaller but better quality turbo ( precision 71) and a bigger bov along with 60lb injectors and inline 255 here soon... I will hit the 600 mark.. Just going to run this setup as is for now... I won't the ability to grow later...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had to be that Guy :)

But regardless good start, a ton of potential, good luck!

Keep updated

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you.. I think it's a solid low 11 second car

1 - 20 of 28 Posts