Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just getting ready to wire my Holley Dominator efi in my 91 mustang and was wondering what everybody is doing when wiring the fuel pump trigger from the ecm? Which wire are you using on the fuel pump relay? Or is there a better method. This is a street car and I'm wanting to keep the inertia switch in the system.

Thanx for your help

Mike

·
Registered
532 Posts
I added a new relay and connected it to the hotwire running to the pump. I believe it's red with a white stripe or pink with white stripe. That stuffs all under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your pump stay on all the time when you first turn the key? or does it prime the pump? Im trying to keep it working like the factory system. My concern is the stock foxbody ecm was a negative output where the holley is a pos output.

Can't find the info I need anywhere. lol

·
Registered
286 Posts
the prime is in programming on the ford pcm. Also why not find the fuel pump relay it should have a red wire on pin 1 and hook the holley up to that and then ground pin 2 which should be Light Blue/Orange. that should control the factory fuel pump through the intertia switch

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the prime is in programming on the ford pcm. Also why not find the fuel pump relay it should have a red wire on pin 1 and hook the holley up to that and then ground pin 2 which should be Light Blue/Orange. that should control the factory fuel pump through the intertia switch
Thanx for your help. This is what Im going to do.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
The the ford ECU is ground trigger and Holley is positive.

Ground the wire running to the ECU and hook the switched power wire to the factory ECU up to the Holley. I had my car my car wired like this till I added a new pump this year.

Tim

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The the ford ECU is ground trigger and Holley is positive.

Ground the wire running to the ECU and hook the switched power wire to the factory ECU up to the Holley. I had my car my car wired like this till I added a new pump this year.

Tim
Tim If I do it that way I wouldn't have to run anything to the relay under the seat correct? I believe the pins are 19 and 22 at the stock ecm. Which one goes to ground?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I understand what you mean Tim.

You grounded pin 22 LT BLU/ORG that is originally located on the pass. side in the factory ecm wiring, and than ran the Green Holley Dominator fuel pump trigger over to the driverside fuel pump relay and hooked it up to the red wire. Is this correct?

Would I just cut the red and hook up the Holley wire? or should I just splice in and leave it hooked up?

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Looks like ground 22 and cut and hook the red wire to the holley. Mine was a little different being a 86 but same result.

Tim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts