Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to redo my fuel system starting with tossing the factory tank and installing a fuel cell. Post your pictures of your fuel cell setups. Did you cut out the spare tire and lay down sheet metal?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Check out Behind Bars Race cars for a factory location tank, much better than the fuel cell route IMO

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
here is what I did...but I just now swapped to a 5 gallon so I have room for a CO2 system.

Fuel system

I have that old tank and straps out of the car, if you want it cheap. It has a Mustang compatible fuel level sensor.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the quick responses, I have a 10g fuel cell I'm going to put in. If anyone has pictures of the spare tire cut out that would be awesome. This car is mainly a track car but I do typically take it out to local car shows ect looking for the cleanest look I can get.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't the pictures any more but I did 10 gallon cell in the trunk. I did a 1/4 aluminum plate. I did cut out the spare tire spot. I had to do a rear bulk head to meet the tracks safety

Very nice! I have the Scott Rod rear seat delete which looks similar.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Getting ready to redo my fuel system starting with tossing the factory tank and installing a fuel cell. Post your pictures of your fuel cell setups. Did you cut out the spare tire and lay down sheet metal?
We used the spare tire well and made a horizontal firewall.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a pretty cool design.

Believe I'm going to start on mine today. Pulled the factory tank out last night. My idea is too put the fuel cell into the spare tire well then butt sheet metal up too the cell around the spare tire well. Once that's complete I plan on carpeting the entire trunk around the fuel cell and around the battery box. That's the plan anyways lol.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I kept my stock tank for street use, 91 octane, and added a 5 gal cell, 110 octane, for the track. I use two 3way valves to line up the tank I want to pull from and line up the appropriate return tank, it's a pretty simple system and works very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine is a 03 GT SN95. Custom 5 Gallon tank with pumps mounted in the trunk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts