Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to complete the Foxbody fog light mod to reduce the load on the headlight switch. Searching various forums I'm finding old threads which refer to a good write up on the Corral at the following link: www. corral.net/tech/maintenance / foglights.html . This link does not appear to be accurate any longer as it redirects to EEC Tech page. I'm not able to find what I'm looking for. If anyone can direct me to the current link I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you...

·
Registered
7,652 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The power to the headlights flows into the dash and out to headlights. The dash switch has no ground function. Which is why they get hot and melt. A truly STUPID wiring setup. I was looking into this a few months back. I think posted about it and I think there was a wiring diagram posted in the thread.

It's on my spring project list since I just put a new switch in recently.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bypassed all of the OEM wiring and installed an aftermarket foglight wiring kit then used the factory switch to provide the ground trigger. I didn't use this specific kit but I used an old assembly a friend gave me from their shop.

Thank you for the link. I will take a look at that to see if I want to go that route.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The power to the headlights flows into the dash and out to headlights. The dash switch has no ground function. Which is why they get hot and melt. A truly STUPID wiring setup. I was looking into this a few months back. I think posted about it and I think there was a wiring diagram posted in the thread.

It's on my spring project list since I just put a new switch in recently.
Thanks for the additional insight. I have the basic idea for wiring a relay but would like to read the post/thread that everyone seems to like so much. I guess I would like to see what can be learned from it.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Here's the thread with the diagram I created.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the thread with the diagram I created.

Awesome thank you. Read the post and that diagram will get me going.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Looking back at the diagram I made I thought it was not clear enough. So I modified it a little bit. Here's the revised diagram.

·
Registered
1989 GT
987 Posts
I just bypassed all of the OEM wiring and installed an aftermarket foglight wiring kit then used the factory switch to provide the ground trigger. I didn't use this specific kit but I used an old assembly a friend gave me from their shop.

You have a write up on this? I have some relays I bought from MAD enterprises and plan to do this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts