Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what wires go where. I think I have it wired right but its running like crap and stumbles and dies above 2k rpms. I used this link http://www.vmptuning.com/downloads/wiring_diagrams/05/05mustangMAFpin.jpg and it seems that pin 1&2 are not used (for iat). I have entered the maf transfer to my Moates QH also. I have searched and searched for a direct wiring chart but can't find one. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Damn you, I had the same question when finishing up my build 2 years back. I just cleaned the garage a few weeks ago and threw out the paper with the info I found on it at the time. :livid: I mean I just looked at it and said to myself “I don’t need that anymore, Trash"

If my memory serves me right. When it was all done they wired up in the same order as before minus the 2 you mentioned not used for IAT. I think if you hold the 2 meters in the same direction next to each other they just transfer over in the same way. Not sure if that makes sense or is even correct. :confused:Sorry

Here is link to a thread on Stangnet.com It’s not helpful with your question to much but it states at the end that the 1&6 pin are not used. I’m currently at work so my car is not in front of me, but when I get home in the morning I'll be glad to look and post pics if I can.

PMAS 6-Pin connector - Mustang Forums at StangNet

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well I won't be a help for a few days. I moved all my wiring into the fender and the splice is deep into the well to see or reach. It will require me to remover the inner fender to get at it. So as soon as I get a day off I'll try and make time if nobody else has answered your question by then. But as I look at the diagram that Court9155 linked it does look like I was correct about 1&6 pin not being used and it wires up in the same order as the factory plug. Just lay them out next to each other and spice in the same order.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts