Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 1988 with 275/40-17 front and rear. I put on the newer fenders and with an little modification they work great. I wanted the biggest I could fit without major work and I wanted all four tires to be the same size. That way you can rotate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've run staggered sizes and one uniform size and I feel like I was faster on the staggered sized tires, of course there were other variables like the single size were Bridgestone Potenza RE01Rs and the staggered were Yokahama Advan Neovas (but both are supposed to be close in performance). If I was getting free tires, I'd put as much rubber to the ground as possible, but the fact that they're not cheap is going to probably force me to run a single size next time, I'm hoping that size will be 275 but it will probably be 255.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I run staggered on my car and the only issue I have is if I ever got into a predicament where the larger 275 in the rear needs to be swapped to the front you cannot. I my case I also have custom offset wheels too. Right now I run 245/45/17 front and 275/40/17 in the rear.

I drive the car on the street roughly 10,000 miles a year and if I ever get a flat I am screwd

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I run a 255/40/17 BFgoodrich KDW N/T on 17x9" Corbra's on all 4 corners. I like a matched setup for 2 reasons.

1) I can rotate my tires.
2) It give a more balanced feel to the handling.

The only problem with the KDW N/T's is that they are a directional tire. So I can only rotate them front to back. Next time I buy tires I will probably get a non-directional so I can rotate them properly to maximize the life of the tire.

·
Registered
463 Posts
well I probably blew it I bought the 255 for the front and the 275 for the rear. Having the 275s in the rear increase tramlining?
Good, 255/40 is too damn short for the rear tire, and it should give more steering response due to the less sidewall, is only 20 millimeters difference in width and who doesnt like atleast a 275 outback really.? You will be happy, screw tramlining and just rip it. Go side step the clutch at 3000 and notice the difference.:evilgrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts