Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an all aluminum motor with the stock water pump and electric fan, and a 4L80E with a 3,000 (planned, not done yet) converter and 3.73 axle.
I need a radiator as close to a bolt-in as I can get - anyone make one?
Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
the stock foxbody radiator does just fine as long as you put a good set of fans on it

we like to use the "Dewitt's Radiator" C5 Fan setup...
it fits perfect with the Foxbody Radiator, dual fans, and flows 3200 CFM...

another option, if you need to lay back the radiator slightly, is to use a 98-02 Camaro/Firebird Radiator... same dimensions but with a slanted filler neck.

the only challenge with both of them is finding teh right hoses to go with your motor...
(stock F-body Radiator hoses work with the F-body Radiator and an LS motor)

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I've used the f body rad for 12 years, on 3 diff motors and always the f body fans. never a problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used the f-body radiator in my swap. Fits great. Just use a coat hanger to bend the shape of the hoses you'll need and then take those to the auto store and fine ones that fit the shape of the coat hanger. Takes some time but it's not that bad.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used the F-body radiator, cooling fans, and hoses...The stock Fox upper and lower radiator mounts worked great too...I've never had an overheating issue yet...

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
I used the F-body radiator, cooling fans, and hoses...The stock Fox upper and lower radiator mounts worked great too...I've never had an overheating issue yet...

I used the F-body radiator and hoses too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts