Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I think that some people in this thread just don't know how to properly adjust their mirrors. The C&D article linked above is and has always been the only correct way to adjust them.

On my first Fox Mustang, I removed the right side mirror and had the glass replaced with a flat piece of glass that had "Objects in the mirror are as they appear" etched on it. I hate wide angle mirrors. They deform the world so that you can't trust anything that you see in them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think that some people in this thread just don't know how to properly adjust their mirrors. The C&D article linked above is and has always been the only correct way to adjust them.

On my first Fox Mustang, I removed the right side mirror and had the glass replaced with a flat piece of glass that had "Objects in the mirror are as they appear" etched on it. I hate wide angle mirrors. They deform the world so that you can't trust anything that you see in them.
You're right. After 30 some odd years of driving I still struggle with the nuances of adjusting a mirror. Maybe one day I'll get it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
You're right. After 30 some odd years of driving I still struggle with the nuances of adjusting a mirror. Maybe one day I'll get it.

Read the article then go get in your car and adjust the mirrors exactly as it says and enjoy

edit: because they are not adjusted correctly if you are making this thread ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '79 I had back in the day only came with a driver's door mirror - no passenger mirror! I ended up removing the rear view mirrow and visors and put a wink mirror in mounted to the visor holes. I could see EVERYTHING. (the picture still has the rear view mirror installed)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
I adjusted per the C&D article. On the daily driver, didn't make much of a difference since the mirror is so large (as well as incorporating a wide angle mirror in the top half) that it's easy to see what's next to you without straining so the change didn't really do much for me on that car.

Not enough seat time in the fox to give an opinion. I will say it does take a little getting used to with the mirror pointed to the blind spot and not at the rear of the car.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have a pair of mirrors on the way. Will be a fun project to see how they look. $31 delivered for two 07 S197 mirrors.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So I have the mirrors and I'm giving it a go to see how they look. There is a lit to trim down but I think the proportions will be decent.
I have to cut off the mounting pad of the new mirror. By pulling on it slightly I was able to use a pull saw to breeze through the plastic webbing.
I then trimmed blackball the outer plastic and got to just the extension part.

Input a couple of pilot holes in the inner plastic and made a quick backer so I could mock it up.

Its night time so its tough to see how it really looks but it's not too bad. It will be easy to make some trim pieces so it will mount flush and look like it belongs there.

Its gonna rain all day tomorrow so I wont get to do a whole lot.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It is a massive improvement in visibility. Proportions dont look bad. Just need to finish it off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
It sits atop the door mouldings nicely and even matches the curve of it. I will trim the forward part of the mirror to get it closer to the A pillar. So far I'm pretty happy with the result.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts