Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few questions for those that have installed an On3 kit in a Fox body before I place my order.

1. Could anyone email me a copy of the most recent install instructions? I would like to look through it to see what I am getting myself into.

2. Do you need the stock alternator bracket to work in conjunction with On3 bracket?

3. Will this kit work on a lowered fox body.

4. I know the front bumper comes off for install. Do I need to remove the passenger side fender too?

5. Anyone tuned there's for e85? Living in MN that's what a lot of people are tuning for these days. My current SC setup is tuned for e85.

That's all I can think of for now.
Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
525 Posts
answers to your questions

Few questions for those that have installed an On3 kit in a Fox body before I place my order.

1. Could anyone email me a copy of the most recent install instructions? I would like to look through it to see what I am getting myself into.

2. Do you need the stock alternator bracket to work in conjunction with On3 bracket?

3. Will this kit work on a lowered fox body.

4. I know the front bumper comes off for install. Do I need to remove the passenger side fender too?

5. Anyone tuned there's for e85? Living in MN that's what a lot of people are tuning for these days. My current SC setup is tuned for e85.

That's all I can think of for now.
Thanks, Rob
1. I have a disk, which I can probabably make a file and send it to you..Somebody may have one file that can be sent easier then my process but if not I got ya budd...

2.The kit comes with brackets to replace the existing bracket. I think if you want to, you can get away with running the stock alt bracket..

3.The kit will work on lowered cars.. My car is lowered all around and pretty low up front.. Just tuck the intercooler as it should be and you should be good.. The exhaust and down pipe will sit kinda low but will have decent ground clearance..Just be carefull for big speed bumps especially with more than two people in the car...

4.Really just the front bumper needs to be removed

5. I don't have much to any info on this question.. I know a few people are running turbos with e85 but I can't remember if its the on3 kit... someone will chime in...

hope this helps.. Nuru

·
Registered
120 Posts
1.i'll send you the instructions by email.
2.comes with the kit
3.check out my tread. my car is lowered.
4.just the front bumper
5. my car is on e85. so let me know what you use to tune it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

Silverstang9120 I sent you a pm with my email. I will check out your thread in a few.

The instructions will really help me decide how I am going to do the install.
Option 1:
Remove the SC. Do the On3 installing slowley over the winter in my little single car garage.
Option 2:
Remove SC and put it back to stock. Wait till spring to install On3 out at a friends shop.

With the S-Trim on I am tuned for e85 16psi putting out 421rwhp and 443rwtq. I have stock heads, cam and bottom end. I have a 4 position SCT chip right now so it would be cool to have a pump gas and e85 tune. I am running 60lb injectors, 255 intank pump, 70MM TB and 80MAF(will be replaced with the On3 MAF kit). I will have it tuned at one of the local shops on the dyno. I think I should have enough fuel system to still run e85???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just took a quick look at the install instructions. Thanks Silverstang9120!
The one thing that I noticed right away is they want you to follow the vortech instructions for the oil line. That's great, I already have that part done =)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I like my On3 kit so far, but damn it seems like half of the people don't receive instructions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like my On3 kit so far, but damn it seems like half of the people don't receive instructions.
Myself and I believe the few that have asked for instructions in this thread have not purchased On3 kits yet. We just want to look over the install before we make the purchase.

It would be a real good idea if On3 added the instructions to their website :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
hey on that kit where did they weld the bung for pass side o2? i see the one for the driver side in the crossover. im guessing its for the driverside

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
hey on that kit where did they weld the bung for pass side o2? i see the one for the driver side in the crossover. im guessing its for the driverside
There is a bung on both driver and passenger side header. There is also a bung on the crossover that is plugged and not used. There is a bung on the downpipe near the #4 cylinder for a wideband ox sensor. On my cars I did not have to lengthen the O2 sensor wires. I had to move them a little and wire tie them to keep them away from the hot side but thats it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
There is a bung on both driver and passenger side header. There is also a bung on the crossover that is plugged and not used. There is a bung on the downpipe near the #4 cylinder for a wideband ox sensor. On my cars I did not have to lengthen the O2 sensor wires. I had to move them a little and wire tie them to keep them away from the hot side but thats it.
On my On3 kit it didn't have a wideband bung. But had all others above...

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
On my On3 kit it didn't have a wideband bung. But had all others above...
Thats odd. Didn't know any of the kits came without the bung in the downpipe. I have installed 3 over the last year and all of them came with it. Guess I got lucky. Have you had yours for a while?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Thats odd. Didn't know any of the kits came without the bung in the downpipe. I have installed 3 over the last year and all of them came with it. Guess I got lucky. Have you had yours for a while?
I purchased my kit in august this year.. I just welded my own on...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts