Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i received my set of smoked headlights so i was so excited to put them on i ran outside and did...After i was done i wanted to check over a few things Guess what i found...in the back under the upper intake its A Trickflow street heat...there was a Vac cap off...How long it was off i have no idea...so i capped it and the idle went down so i adjusted that,and i took it for a ride and i have no idea if this was causing an issue but the PCV didnt blow out or the breather... car ran great,,the only thing i noticed was it would go a little richer quicker of course it would it doesnt have a Vac Leak now..idle is still perfect just like i said a little richer when getting on it..went into boost so it goes down to were it always did...I hope they didnt tune it that way or it blew off on me a few weeks ago...or something that is scary i have the car here today ran great..should i just keep an eye on it or what????? Also what are your AF reading while driving...car idles between 14.5-15.0 and driving it goes from 14.5 to 13.5-13.8 then when i hammer it goes down to in the 12's then in high boost 11's is this ok?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
448 Posts
Id say youre alittle rich at cruise at 13.5 - 13.8 everywhere else is good though. You want it a little lean at cruise for fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Id say youre alittle rich at cruise at 13.5 - 13.8 everywhere else is good though. You want it a little lean at cruise for fuel economy.
At cruise its anywhere from 14.0-15.0...if i start getting on it the af gauge will move down slightly to high 13's then when i mash it 12's-11's is that ok?..the gauge moves so fast tho....lol..at idle its between 14.7-15.0 all the time...sometimes high 15's

·
Registered
448 Posts
It sounds like your tuner did a pretty fantastic job with the af then. At cruise I'm running a little leaner than that around 15.7 to 16.2 and as soon as i start makin boost it's at 11.5 to 11.7 until I let off of it. Ideal af differs from car to car Ideally turbo cars like 11.2 to 11.7. But like I said, every setup likes something just a little different.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It sounds like your tuner did a pretty fantastic job with the af then. At cruise I'm running a little leaner than that around 15.7 to 16.2 and as soon as i start makin boost it's at 11.5 to 11.7 until I let off of it. Ideal af differs from car to car Ideally turbo cars like 11.2 to 11.7. But like I said, every setup likes something just a little different.
Ok thanks...makes me feel better....he also has the meth kicking in at around 4 psi...then all in at around 7/8 psi...seems to run very well...I just need the catch can installed ....and to get rid of the PCV....will that change my tune at all?....i was going to install the catch can myself...

·
Registered
448 Posts
It won't change your tune a bit. It will prevent the oil from blowing out of everywhere it can though.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It won't change your tune a bit. It will prevent the oil from blowing out of everywhere it can though.
Exactly why im installing a catch can..LOL...i blew my breather out once...PCV once and found a Vac cap off...Just want to do it right so i dont have problems..other then that the car runs great.....just cant go full boost if i do thats when it will blow...lol...im good up to 10 psi....tho

·
Registered
737 Posts
i recently took the vaccume pump off of 98 cobra(electric) and plumbed it into my pvcsystem. have -8 line from valve cover to t that is hooked up tp pvc which runs to inlet of pump outlet is run to catch can in fenderwell. it seems to work well and fixed all my oil leaks. looks stock

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read alot of guys using vac pumps...Im going to try just running 12an lines from each valve cover to a moroso catch can and elimate the PCV all together hope it works fine...lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts