Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I,m looking for a STANDARD base circle hydraulic roller cam in the 550-600 lift range. I‘m not too particular about specs as it’s mostly just to make noise. Combo is 347, 10.5 to1, AFR CNC 185 heads, F4B, 700 Holley with a five speed in a 1900lb Model A. I’m using a roller block and need standard base circle. Thanks

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
If it's just for noise, X303 with 1.7 rockers. That'd be around 0.576" lift. Not a ton of duration and easy on the valve train. Someone will come in an hate this idea. But for a Model A (sounds like a hot rod) this would work just fine and make all the right hot rod noises. It'll still be silly powerful in such a light car.

X303's pop up for sale from time to time, but even brand new they are only about $230

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I’ve got one for sale. I ran it in a 347 and it made great power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could probably work with that. It's definitely standard base circle? What kind of distributor gear is required?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I could probably work with that. It's definitely standard base circle? What kind of distributor gear is required?
Yes standard base circle on a billet core.

An oem steel, melonized steel, bronze, or composite will work. Pretty much anything but a cast iron gear will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.