61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
That will be a good combo.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Excellent. Continues to clearly have been done right!

·
Registered
22,824 Posts
looking good

a few points

good time to pressure test the cooling system
install oem ignition components, throw out anything 'RED' in color
perform a leakdown test on all holes, document it, then do again after the first oil change and compare
having the history of the leakdown numbers will be extremely helpful in future diagnosis.
cant really tell, but i hope you have seals on the compressor inlet and outlet, you want to limit any exposure to air.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,218 Posts
Great story and congrats on being able to find your old 5.0 and buy it back! So cool.

I wish I was able to find my old 86 GT and buy it back - been searching for years. I know it was in the NY/Pa region last based on CarFax reports but have no way of pinning it down. Even put the VIN online in forums in hopes that if someone else searched on it they would see I was looking for it...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Guys, she’s done.

The Prodigal Mustang. Took just over a year and now we can finally go cruising. Got a few small adjustments to make and I'll do a full polish once the weather warms up but it's basically done. Nice solid interior, engine sounds good and pulls nicely. It was a project but a worthy one. Just remember what we started with! Thanks for the encouragement along the way. Time to make some more memories with the family.

Justin

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Looks good, nice job on resurrecting the hatch.

·
Registered
426 Posts
First class brother. Extra points for hotrodding with the family. I can’t wait until my boys are big enough to share this with me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gorgeous man! I will have to have my family sign a panel too. Great Idea! So glad you were able to find and resurrect her to a better glory. That Oxford looks great with your wheels and stance!

-Langston

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks guys. Time to go cruising!

Justin

61 - 70 of 70 Posts