Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a boost gauge in front of the inner cooler. I saw 30# on the gauge on short pulls in first at about 7k. The data logger shows 9# on the map. Looks like it;s time for a new innercooler.

·
Registered
698 Posts
did you check to see if you have a rag or something in the intercooler? Ive seen it happen before. Thats over a 3:1 boost reduction ratio so I would suspect something is blocking the flow. Also, how do you know the map sensor isnt reading incorrectly? Do you have a boost gauge on the intake manifold side to verify its actually getting 9lbs?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not checked the down side of the intercooler. I believe the map sensor due to HP/TQ readings on the dyno and B.S.F.C. Per the fueling table. I have not checked for a rag or? do to working 13hrs a day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am in the same boat. I am seeing 23lbs pre-intercooler and 15 after intercooler. Using a 31x12x4 ebay intercooler. Not as bad a pressure drop as yours though. It cools pretty good, but flows terrible.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I would be concerned about the quality of these intercoolers. My concern would be for some of the cooling fins coming apart and finding their way into the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts